As millions of people around the world continue to exercise social distancing in the aftermath of the novel coronavirus outbreak, Netflix has introduced a new function called Netflix Party to help us feel more connected to our loved ones.
What exactly is a Netflix Party?
Netflix Party is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to watch movies and TV series online with your friends and family. The ability of this extension to synchronize video playback means that if the group needs a quick break to get more popcorn, everyone’s screen will start and resume at the same time.
Furthermore, a group chat option allows you to express your views about the movie without having to pull out your phone or open another app.
What is the procedure for installing the Netflix Party extension?
Following these instructions, you will be able to use Netflix Party in seconds after all of your guests have a Netflix account and Google Chrome:
- Click “Install Netflix Party” on the Netflix Party website.
- Click “Add to Chrome” and then “Add Extension” once you’ve arrived at the Chrome Web Store.
- An “NP” icon will display in the top right-hand corner.
- Select a movie or show to watch from the Netflix website.
- The URL can then be copied and pasted by clicking on the “NP” icon.
- Send your pals the link and start watching together!
If you receive a Netflix Party Extension link, make sure you first install the addon. You’ll be taken to the Netflix website after clicking the link. Join the watch party by clicking the “NP” button in the top right corner.
Have no idea what to watch? Fear not: the streaming service has something for everyone, from nostalgic rom-coms to classic kids’ films to must-see original smashes. Have fun watching!