We use highly this fiction tester for plastic films in the plastic product manufacturing industry; it is important for manufacturers to conduct co-efficient of friction tests on the materials in order to ensure quality. By understanding the friction properties of plastic films, laminates, and other related materials, one can easily ensure the accuracy of these films. Thus, we at Presto have designed one of the high-quality lab testing equipment known as a coefficient of friction tester that will measure the stickability of these films and sheets so that no damage will occur while shipping or transporting products to the customers. We use highly this friction tester for plastic films to ensure that the materials delivered will be of high quality.
What is the coefficient of friction?
The coefficient of friction is considered being the dimensionless property of the material that helps to determine the surface roughness of the material and measure the changes that occur in the state of motion. This property of the material will help to optimize the packaging process and ensure that it will protect the products from damage during transport.
In addition to that, this property of the packaging material will help to make sure that the products will arrive safely at their destination safely and in precise condition. To make sure that the coefficient of static friction value of the products can easily be determined, you can easily make the use of Presto co-efficient of friction tester.
This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that will measure the kinetic and static friction of the test specimen when it slides over a substance under specified conditions. By understanding the co-efficient value of friction, you can easily ensure it will deliver quality products to the customers with ease. You can read about the importance of a coefficient of friction tester in the packaging industry.
Features of co-efficient of friction tester
Presto, being the leader of lab testing instruments, has designed a co-efficient of friction tester to test static and kinetic friction of the materials and ensure that it can easily stack these films over each other and arrive safely to the destination. They have equipped it with high-quality features that we have listed below.
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Display for Dynamic and Kinetic Friction
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under sliding friction.
- Steel with Glass Mounting as Sample Mounting Surface
- Slider Block for performing tests–Sample to sample, glass or metal
- It tightened no slippage in case the specimen was uniformly using fly screws without any loops.
- Bright LED display
- Feather touch controls
- ** Available in the computerized model as well.
- Standards : ASTM D 618, ASTM D 883, BS 2782, and ASTM D 1894
Technical Specifications of Presto co-efficient of friction tester
- Co-efficient of friction reveals the degree of transgression a sheet will successfully suffer, without affecting the labels and prints
- Maximum Capacity of Load Cell: 3 Kgf
- Display: Digital LED Display
- Device Accuracy: ± 1% within the entire range
- Resolution /Least Count: 0.1 gm
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Speed: 150 ± 30 mm/min
- Motor: 1/4 HP Single Phase, 1440 rpm
With these features and technical specifications, you can easily conduct co-efficient of friction tests on the materials and ensure that it will deliver accurate products.
How does the coefficient of friction tester work?
In order to ensure that films are performing as expected, it is important to test both static and dynamic friction. Friction Coefficient tests measure how much resistance exists when two surfaces are pressed together. Dynamic friction tests involve applying forces over time in order to measure how much movement occurs between two surfaces.
If you wish to conduct a co-efficient of friction test on the materials, you can easily follow the steps mentioned below.
- Prepare the testing specimen first, by cutting the sheet according to the size of the glass approximately of size 53 x 15 x 1mm. We place the sample over the glass sheet.
- Tighten the sample across the glass slab with the help of fly screws attached at the corner.
- Take the slide block to the extreme left using the toggle switch and attach the test block to the slide block with the help of a string in such a manner that the load cell must not touch the fly clamp.
- After following these steps, you can accurately commence the test.
You can easily read more about the use of the coefficient of friction tester in the packaging industry. If you want to know more about this high-quality lab testing instrument or want any information regarding the coefficient of friction tester price, then give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at [email protected]. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.