To stay tuned with altering market and technology trends, global SMBs (Small and Medium Sized Businesses) are acting wisely by upgrading the existing technology solutions to future-proof the processes and ensure business growth through meaningful business strategies. One such application that SMBs prefer is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or D365 BC, which is the future- ready, core driver of business management technology solutions and is a leader in the cloud ERP (or Enterprise Resource Planning) market with its reliable Azure platform.
Dynamics Business Central is a younger version of Dynamics NAV, with the same standard functionality yet has more user- friendly, ultra- connected features. The added SaaS (or Software as a Service) or Cloud advantage allows users to access the application securely from anywhere and at any time.
There are more benefits Business Central delivers than its predecessor – Dynamics NAV – or any other on- premise ERP solution, and include:
- Accessibility: As a cloud- based application, users can access the Business Central ERP from any browser supported by any internet- ready device.
- System Security: Applications that run on the cloud in Microsoft’s data center include top- notch security software that can detect any threat to the system. The geographically distributed servers enable automated switchover and are capable of any data backup – a boon to the budgets of growing SMBs.
- Easy and Cost- Effective Upgrades: Implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of hardware/ software infrastructure are more feasible with SaaS- based Business Central, as solution providers will take care of everything. Besides, the system upgrades are scheduled and managed automatically through a pre- defined subscription plan.
- Enhance and Expand: Business Central help assess and manage businesses’ growing needs through integrated innovative resources, including more storage, more power, and more environments.
- Automation: Business Central seamlessly unifies numerous services, including Power Platform, Microsoft 365, and Artificial Intelligence, which means no manual integration anymore and more automation across processes.
Initiating Dynamics 365 Business Central’s on the Premise to the Cloud Migration
Migrating from Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise (with extensions)
Existing Dynamics 365 Business Central’s on-premise users, with extensions (created with the AL language), can upgrade easily to Business Central Cloud/ SaaS version.
As a first step, the country- specific versions of the supported applications – Intelligent Cloud and the Business Central Cloud Migration – must have the latest updates installed for existing users. With the on-premise deployment as the primary application, cloud tenant remains to be read only, thus providing updated data insights through Machine Learning or ML, Flow, and Power BI.
Before transitioning to the cloud Business Central, the on- premise data needs to be replicated within the Intelligent Cloud. The process involves a setup guide that walks through product selection, Self-Hosting Integration, SQL Connection, Company Selection, and Runtime to Replication. The solution is compatible with any current Dynamics NAV 2018 R2 or Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise application.
Microsoft’s Cloud Migration Tool helps replicate all the corresponding data tables in Dynamics 365 Business Central on- premise to the cloud instance. Users can choose to first upgrade to the current version and then migrate to the cloud.
Migrating from Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central on the Premise (C/ AL Language)
This migration is relatively a bit trickier, as users first need to convert/ recreate the existing C/ AL (or C Side) coded, No Extension Dynamics NAV customizations into Extensions as tables, using AL language. It is important to note that migration to the cloud from Dynamics NAV cannot start unless the above data conversion is complete.
The migration, however, depends on multiple factors – the existing Dynamics NAV version picked for the upgrade and the variations in the current system from the standard Dynamics NAV version. The major tasks include – database conversion to extensions, application code updates, and data upgrades.
After carefully analyzing the entire architecture, conversion of non- standard functionalities, and code customizations as per the cloud tenant extensions, users are good to initiate the migration process.
Dynamics 365 Business Central is super flexible and easy to customize for end users as well as developers. Most Business Central cloud features/ applications are readily available in the AppSource Marketplace, while ERP can integrate easily with other Microsoft products and third-party applications. Moreover, the system comes with high- end security features, prompt data backup capabilities, and efficient administration with regular/ automated updates. The best part of being on the cloud is a large user base community to seek help, suggestions, and troubleshooting. With these next- level advantages, Dynamics 365 Business Central’s SaaS edition is undoubtedly a great choice for businesses with higher growth aspirations.
Let the Experts at Team Dynamics Square recommend the best solution, customized for the existing environment and future business goals.