The Healthcare industry has come a long way from waiting on ques for a doctor’s call to just video calling doctors for consultation. Today the healthcare sector along with technology is improving patient care in many ways.
Modern healthcare systems offer data security, convenience for patients, and reduce costs. Especially with the benefits and technology of RFID, patient safety and hospital workflow are managed with ease.
Healthcare IoT, also known as the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), has empowered remote patient consideration, improved clinic and pharmaceutical processes, and increased information precision. In hospitals, hygiene checking devices assist in preventing patient infections. IoT gadgets in hospitals also aid in managing refrigerator temperatures, speeding up emergency care, and things of that nature.
What Is IoMT?
Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is the amalgamation of software applications, medical devices, and health systems and services. It enables the patient to transfer medical data through the internet, which can help reduce hospital visits, hence having a patient-centric approach.
Internet of Medical Things trends streamlines the medical workflow management as the patient care has improved both in a remote location and inside facility walls
Here are some stats which prove how healthcare mobile app development services has become digital health leader through IoMT and the increasing popularity of healthcare software development services:
- According to Frost and Sullivan analysis, the global market of IoMT Market was $22.5 billion, and in 2021, it was expected to grow at 72.02 billion at a CAGR of 26.2%.
- The global Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) Market as per All The Research was valued at USD 44.6 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 254.6 million in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 24.4% during the forecast period (2016-2026).
- According to the Business Research Company, the global medical devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2021 and reach $603.5 billion by 2023.
- As per Statista, the digital health market is expected to reach around 660 billion dollars by 2025.
- As per the Aruba’s research, six in ten healthcare organizations are already making use of IoT through patient monitors (64%) and X-ray/imaging devices (41%) among the main devices connected to the network.
Now that we have read the stats, we know how IoMT is built on several technologies and is offering various benefits to the medical industry. Let’s move on to the Impact that IoMT has for healthcare industries.
The market for Internet of medical things applications include smart devices like medical monitors and wearables, kiosks, smart pills, telehealth etc. Medical Internet of Things technology is implemented by almost 60% of healthcare organizations all around the world.
According to Deloitte, the medical technology available in IoMT Market is more than 500,000. These technologies are providing better outcomes to the patient as well as to the healthcare system.
If you want to read more about the same content then you can check out the following blogs as well – https://www.bladnews.com/how-healthcare-mobile-apps-are-connecting-doctors-patients/