If you are planning to have a garden shed constructed, then it may be a good idea to opt for metal sheds as opposed to wooden ones. Simply put, metal sheds tend to be more durable in the long run and often come with large storage space, which you can utilize to store items from your home. Sure, you can use it to store just about anything and what makes a metal shed stand out is the way that it can be customized to suit your current requirements. Moreover, you can either opt for the pre-fabricated ones or get one set up from scratch. At the end of the day, it is your call but before you make a decision, do check out some of the top advantages of metal sheds.
- Durable: When it comes to steel sheds in Australia, the one advantage that’s bound to strike you right away is the fact that they are highly durable. They can provide you with the requisite shelter from the rain, sleet, or sunshine and even on extremely windy days. You can use it to store your various gardening tools, mower, fertilizer, and other gardening accessories. The metal sheds should be able to shelter the same from the various elements effectively. And the good news is that these sheds are made to last, and are not going to fall apart in a few months. Whereas, with wooden sheds, you would have to make do with the Mold, Rot, and even structural damage. Moreover, wooden sheds often cost the same as metal sheds but contain less space within. Simply put, you can look forward to more storage space, with metal sheds than the alternative.
- Lighter to carry: This is the other main advantage of metal sheds; they are remarkably light when compared to wooden sheds. They are so light that you should be able to carry and store them safely. And when you have the time, you can either opt to take a DIY approach and construct it on your own or get hold of a contractor to help build your shed. And the great thing about metal sheds is that you can customize them as per your needs. For example, you may not require too much storage space at the moment, but it could change in a year or two. And when that happens, you can adjust the retaining walls of the metal sheds, and expand the storage space within.
- Longer warranties: When compared to wooden sheds, metal sheds tend to come with longer warranties. And that’s mainly because of its durability – the manufacturers know how durable it is and hence the extra warranty. So that’s a bonus when it comes to constructing a metal shed in your backyard.
- Rust-free: When it comes to metal sheds, you need to know that most of them come with a galvanized layer as well as rust-free painting on top. Essentially, this means that the metal sheds will not rust even after being exposed to the various elements. Granted, you are thinking of rusty, old metal sheds which you might have seen in B-grade horror movies. Well, that’s so yesteryear – with these sheds, you can look forward to rust-free sheds, that are highly durable and rust-free in the process.
- No need for any foundation: Unlike some wooden sheds, metal sheds generally do not require any foundation. And that’s a good thing since constructing one can be quite expensive. All you need to construct your metal shed is to find a piece of flat ground, use the spirit level and mark it if necessary. And then you can clear it of any dirt, debris and mark the boundaries. And you can get started.
Now you can see why metal sheds make for a better choice rather than constructing a wooden shed in your yard.