Going through CompTIA training would be the right path if you want to work in the information technology or IT industry. You must pass two sets of exams that IT professionals have created to earn an entry-level IT job. The candidates with the certification are not only for PC repairing, but they are also prepared for various issues that range from mobile devices and security to networking and operating systems. Unlike other certifications, CompTIA A+ covers a vast range of topics. So that technicians have relevant knowledge for various jobs.
Fundamentals of CompTIA A+ Certification
Before you know more about the CompTIA courses, you need to know the basics.
- CompTIA or Computing Technology Industry Association based in Chicago offers CompTIA A+ Certification.
- The two exams in the certification exam are 220-1001 and 220-1002.
- In the US, each exam will cost 232 dollars with a total expense of 464 USD.
- The exams will test your competency in hardware, security, networking, operating systems, help desk services, and data.
- Multiple programs can help you go through CompTIA A+ courses. Such as CompTIA CertMaster Learn for A+ Core 1 and Google IT Certificate Professional Certificate.
What is CompTIA Certification?
CompTIA is the top provider of IT certifications globally. CompTIA has given more than two million IT certifications around the world. Furthermore, they offer certification in open-source development, mobility, cloud, security, and networking.
Qualities Needed to Pass the Exams for CompTIA A+ Certification
For CompTIA training, you need to have some skills like
- Imaging and installing virtual machines
- Upgrading, installing and configuring operating systems
- Troubleshooting, setting up peripheral devices
- Setting up the office and home networks
- Assembling the computer hardware
- Supporting troubleshooting and end-user access
- Deploying controls of cybersecurity
What does CompTIA A+ Exam cover?
The exam for the CompTIA A+ certification combines performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions. You can expect questions from the proceeding domains.
|Domains for the exams 220-1001||
|Domains for the exams 220-1002||
How would you Get CompTIA A+ Certification?
There are some ways to avail the CompTIA A+ training, which are:
- Community Colleges: In your local colleges, you may get preparatory courses.
- Online Courses: There are online courses that have instructors. They can help you get the certification.
- Self-Study: You can learn through online books and videos without the help of an instructor.
Whatever mode you choose, you should dedicate one hundred and twenty hours to prepare for the exam.
What kind of jobs would you get after achieving the Certification?
The CompTIA certification is for the professionals who want to begin a career in IT and have at least nine to twelve months of expertise in the field. The CompTIA training course prepares you for the subsequent job roles.
- System support specialist
- Help desk technician
- End-user computing technician
- Desktop Support administrator
- Data support technician
- Associate network engineer
- Field service technician
- Technical support specialist
- Help desk tech
- Service desk analyst
CompTIA A+ versus CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ certification deals with the fundamentals of cyber security, while CompTIA A+ is a general and fundamental certification. Though both are entry-level certificates, the CompTIA Security+ exam cost differs from the other. Therefore, you should complete your A+ certification before learning about cyber security via security+ certification.
There are multiple reasons to prepare for CompTIA A+ Certification to get into an IT career. After completing CompTIA training, you can advance your IT career by securing other certifications. The cost of the certificate is less than a degree. Moreover, you can join the community of certified professionals after completing the certification. The career is also rewarding after you pass the CompTIA A+ certification.