After booking, you are able to depart on the date of your choice. Sometimes, you’ll need to alter your travel plans or might need to make a decision to cancel your flight. This can be due to the alteration in the travel schedule or a sudden incident like dying or suffering within the family. If you have to modify or cancel a trip, you will be required to pay a change fee or cancellation fees according to your Delta the cancellation policies. You would however like not to incur flight change or cancellation charges with Delta Airlines. The two main elements of your travel experience when booking flights is the time of departure and costs. It is possible that you need to make last-minute modifications to your personal schedule and , in such a case, you must alter your flight itinerary. In such a case you’ll need to pay a fee for the inconvenience that is charged by Delta Airlines. However, you can apply some tips mentioned below to stay clear of airline change and cancellation charges.
You Can Cancel Your Ticket within the first 24 hours After the Date You Reserved Your Ticket.
- Delta Airlines can allow you to cancel your tickets in the event of a death in your family or you have received summon on jury duty. However, you need to provide an obituary copy or summons to the airline in order that you are not being charged a fee.
- When Delta Airlines has any change in the departure or arrival times for the flight, you can change to a other flight at no cost.
- You can also get the credit card which provides trip cancellation coverage.
- Always book through the airline directly and not from a third party. You should also purchase the flexible ticket.
- If you can, as soon as possible, you should make a decision to cancel or modify your flight.
It is suggested that you purchase your travel ticket on Delta airlines with a travel rewards card which gives you the option of cancelling your trip.
Delta Name Correction: Change Your Ticket Name on Delta Airlines Flights
There will be any Cost for the Name Change on Delta Airlines?
The answer is yes. Delta airlines has outlined the name change charges for the passengers and if you wish to alter your name on your Delta airline’s flight ticket, then you’ll need to pay the name change fee. The cost for changing your name on a flight starts at $75-$500 and is contingent upon the type of ticket that you have been issued. Before you change your name on Delta airlines flight , know about the Delta Name Change Policy of Delta Airlines which is vital to be aware of. This policy includes:
- First and middle name correction is possible with or without a waiver code.
- Passengers can make a request for a name change seven days prior to 24 hours from the departure date of the flight.
- If anyone wants to make the correction in their last name ensure that the your middle and first names are rectified.
How to Change the Name on Delta Airlines Tickets?
You have entered the wrong surname on Delta airline tickets at the time of the booking? Then you have the option of changing the name of the tickets you booked with Delta airlines. The procedure for Delta names change is performed through the Delta airlines ‘ phone number. Alternatively, you may also apply the steps below:
- Visit the official Delta Airlines website from your phone or computer.
- Now log in to your Delta account by using your username or SkyMiles and then enter your password in the given field.
- You can also enter the booking number along with your last name into the mandatory field under the My Trips section.
- Select the Search tab to find your reservations.
- You can now select a time you to alter your personal name, and then search for the custom option, if one is available.
- After that, follow the instructions that appear on your screen to change your personal name in Delta airlines tickets.
Correction in the First or Middle Name
Travel agents are merely permitted to correct the first or middle name, and can reissue the ticket with no waiver code. Corrections to Delta changes to name on ticket which can be done are listed below:
- The right to change the name of the applicant to be correct in PNR.
- Mention that the OSI message “OSI DL NAME CORRECTION TO FIRST/MIDDLE NAME ONLY” to the PNR to indicate that a name correction has made.
- You don’t need a waiver.
Correction to the Last Name
It is also possible to correct according to your name, and it is possible to reissue a ticket with no waiver code, which includes the below the following conditions:
- You can only make a correction to your last name a maximum of three characters and should the correction be more then three characters contact the Global Sales Support for further assistance.
- Reissue the ticket , without changes to date or flight.
- Change the name of your PNR.
- There is no need for a waiver.
Any additional changes to the name without changing it
It is also allowed to make the additional changes to the name, without changing the name. You can do it by Delta change name on ticket for the last name in accordance with below instructions:
- You can make additional changes to the last name, such as, for instance, Mick/Lee changing to Lee/Mick.
- Insert to the OSI note “OSI DL NAME CORRECTION ADDED SECOND NAME TO LAST NAME” to the PNR.
- There is no need to use a waiver code.
First and Last Names Turn around on the Ticket
- If you have mentioned Ricky/Bahel on your ticket, then you it should read Bahel/Ricky.
- Make sure your name is correct in PNR.
- Include to the OSI information “OSI DL NAME CORRECTION FIRST AND LAST NAME INVERTED” to the PNR.
Be aware that if that your middle names are mentioned (like MR, MS, MRS) and the names of your first and last are reversed, then you will be required to contact the Delta for help.
Cancellation Policy of Delta Airlines due to Illness and Weather
Delta Flight Cancellation Due to Death or Illness
If you’re on a flight booking with Delta Airlines but it needs to be cancelled as the plan didn’t work due to any problem, as per the Delta Airlines cancellation policy you are able to cancel the flight any time you’d like. If you cancel the flight within the 24 hours of the flight reservation time and there is a minimum of 7 days prior to the flight’s departure, there will be no cancellation charge and you will get an entire refund.
In the event of a passenger’s, or their family members death Delta cancellation policy for death will be applicable in the following ways:
- If there’s a case of passenger’s death, in that case, tickets can be cancelled and the refund paid to the companion of the deceased
- If there’s an instance which results in the death of a relative within 30 calendar days prior to the flight date , cancellation may be possible and a refund will be processed
In both instances, the ticket number and the death certificate will be required for verification. You can mail the Death certificate directly via Delta Airlines, Inc.
You always have an option to purchase medical travel insurance so when you are sick during the time of travel you may cancel the ticket and claim a refund.